The TAL Symposium Series focuses on tone languages, covering studies of tones from phonetic, phonological, psychological, technological, and pathological points of view; but it has also welcomed studies on tonal aspects of non-tone languages and singing. The symposium series was started on the initiative of Professor Hiroya Fujisaki.
- Beijing 2004 http://sprosig.isle.illinois.edu/tal2004/
- La Rochelle 2006 http://tal2006.free.fr/
- Nanjing 2012 http://www.tal2012.org/
- Yiya Chen, Leiden University
- Dan Dediu, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen
- Carlos Gussenhoven, Radboud University Nijmegen (Chair)